Having Fun With The Moonflowers (DOCD032)– contains 12 of The Moonflowers favourite hits and party tunes. Available from July 18th 2012. A great compilation for the summer .
1.Get Higher (Get Higher EP 1990)
2. Tighten Up (Tighten Up on the Housework Brothers and Sisters EP 1992)
3. Brothers and Sisters (Tighten Up on the Housework Brothers and Sisters EP 1992)
4. Revolution (Colours And Sounds 1995)
5. Ug (From Whales To Jupiter 1993)
6. Share You’re Food (From Whales To Jupiter 1993)
7. Come By Ours (From Whales To Jupiter 1993)
8. Housework (Tighten Up on the Housework Brothers and Sisters EP 1992)
9. Disco-man (Covers EP 1992)
10. Pink Girl (Brainwashing and Heartists Blue Life Stripes 1997)
11. Song For Summer (From Whales To Jupiter 1993)
12. Cairo Disco (Brainwashing and Heartists Blue Life Stripes 1997)
After a decade and a half of silence The Legendary Moonflowers reanimate themselves to dish out some of the ole magic at a time when the world needs it most. Like a multi headed hydra posing as King Arthur they have smuggled themselves onto the lineup of two of Albions finest festivals this summer: Camp Bestival in Dorset and Shamballa in the midlands and will perform backed by a whole tribe of singers, lutists and various troubadours their ethereal mix of ecstatic party music and heraldic spiritual yearning.
The band were famous in the 1990s for their psychedelic, sometimes naked shows and were beloved by their cult following. They also managed 5 albums before they dissapeared in rural france in the late ’90s which have stood the test of time where many have fallen by the wayside.
These albums are available digitally for the first time this year on Disco-Ordination records and the band are releasing two compilation CDs for the uninitiated:
The Moonflowers reconvened on the 11/11/11 (ending the show with a triumphant version of John Lennons Imagine “and the world will be as one, one, one ,one ,one, one. One”). The band had such fun they decided to do it again this year. Let the fun continue!